Estimated to be aged between 70 million and 0.2 billion years old, these pieces are now a firm favourite here at Woven Oak HQ.
Dated back to the Jurassic to Cretaceous period, these fossilised dishes are truly one of a kind, and from another world entirely.
Formed from ancient trees submerged in water containing silicone dioxide, this process effectively turned the wood pulp to stone (100% quartz), creating unique masterpieces that are definately a talking point, and a treasure to any interior.
Used as an incense or smudge bowl, amongst a bookstack vignette, trinket dish or simply on their own, they make a stunning statement amongst any decor.
- Unique, one-of-a-kind
- Approximately 15cm in length and 4cm in height
- Approximately 70m to 0.2b years old
- Jurassic to Cretaceous period
- Petrified timber (stone)
- Gloss finish on top surface
- Wipe down with a damp cloth
- Variations in colouration and size are to be expected due to the original nature of the item. Flaws in the timber are a feature of its history, and are not considered to be faults.